World-weary and anxious beyond his years, Oli employs his brand of confessional storytelling, deadpan absurdism, explosive vitriol and surreal playfulness as he attempts to get to grips with a life that hasn’t come with the proper instructions.
He has been performing since January 2010 performing around London and the rest of the UK, including two runs at the Edinburgh Fringe. He has also gigged with Sara Pascoe, Dan Antopolski, Paul Foot, Trevor Lock, Pappy’s, Dr. Brown, Dave Schneider and Luke Toulson, and has been booked to open for Carl Donnelly and Chris Martin.
Reactions to Oli Bettesworth:
- “A gem. Beautiful language concealing hilarious sucker-punches” (Dan Antopolski)
- “A very funny man” (Carl Donnelly)
- “Bitterly funny” (Jon Aird, Senior Producer BBC Comedy)
- “Full of potential, like a young Stewart Lee. It’s good to find a young comedian you can listen to and admire, as well as laugh at. I predict big things.” (Dave Schneider)
- “Tight writing, great ideas and nimble comic mind. An exciting prospect” (Tom Craine)
Here is a clip of his act: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UZCcAWpzkU&feature=youtu.be
He is also the host of the popular comedy podcast 'Oli Bettesworth's Downloadable Weekly Podcast Programme', which you can listen to here - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/oli-bettesworths-downloadable/id879261556